FOR well over a century, Harley-Davidson has built its legacy on a foundation of unwavering dedication to the innovation of motorcycling. For the brand’s 120th year, and with this ethos in mind, Harley-Davidson is excited to announce the Australian and New Zealand launch of its latest marvels, the X350 and X500 motorcycles. These are the first LAMS-approved Harley-Davidson motorcycles introduced in Australia since the Street 500. Taking design cues from the Harley’s illustrious flat tracker heritage, these two models represent an opportunity for new riders to immerse themselves in the Harley-Davidson brand and lifestyle like never before.
All elements of both models have been designed to offer a comfortable riding experience, blending form with function to create a perfect harmony allowing riders to focus on the joy of riding and expressing their individuality. The ergonomics put the rider in a relaxed, upright riding position. Suspension is tuned for a compliant ride on rougher roads, and the front and rear suspension is adjustable for rider preference. The seat is wide and well-padded for long-range comfort. The chassis, suspension and tyres combine to offer confident handling.
Harley-Davidson X350: The Essence of Freedom
Designed in Milwaukee, the X350 is unmistakably Harley-Davidson, tucked within a lightweight and agile package and perfectly tailored to excel in the urban riding environments. With its light and nimble chassis paired with an engine tuned for strong mid-range torque, the X350 is an ideal combination for real-world street-riding performance for urban commuters to experience the Harley-Davidson brand.
- 353 cc DOHC 4-valve liquid-cooled parallel twin engine, designed to deliver potent mid-range torque.
- Seamlessly responsive six-speed transmission.
- Cable-actuated wet-plate clutch and chain final drive, enhancing control and power delivery.
- 17-inch front and rear wheels delivering nimble performance.
- Maxxis Supermaxx ST tyres, sized 120/70 ZR17 in front, and 160/60-ZR17 in the rear.
- Dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake including Antilock Braking
- System (ABS) as standard.
- 41 mm inverted fork front suspension with adjustable rebound damping.
- Monoshock rear suspension with coil spring with pre-load and rebound damping adjustability.
- Mid foot controls and a low-rise handlebar, putting the rider in a centred, comfortable posture on the bike.
- 777 mm unladen seat height.
Harley-Davidson X500: The Power of Exploration
To convey the distinctively Harley-Davidson look, the Harley-Davidson X500 features a classic Sportster style bobbed rear fender that recalls the iconic Iron 883, Forty- Eight, and the new Nightster models. The two-up saddle has a wide, thick cushion for comfort, and is styled with contrasting stitching and a textured section on the seating surface for a premium look and feel.
- 500 cc DOHC 4-valve liquid-cooled parallel twin engine, calibrated for a quick-to-respond mid-range torque.
- Versatile six-speed transmission.
- Cable-actuated wet-plate clutch and chain final drive, offering precise control.
- 17-inch front and rear wheels providing exceptional manoeuvrability.
- Maxxis Supermaxx ST tires, sized 120/70-ZR17 in the front and 160/60-ZR17 in the rear.
- Dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake including Antilock Braking System (ABS) as standard.
- 50 mm inverted fork front suspension with adjustable rebound damping.
- Monoshock rear suspension with coil spring and pre-load and rebound damping adjustability.
- Mid foot controls and a low-rise handlebar, putting the rider in a centred,
- comfortable posture on the bike.
- 820 mm unladen seat height.
The Harley-Davidson X350 will be available at authorised Harley-Davidson dealerships with an Australian Ride Away Price of $8495 AUD in Dramatic Black, Dynamic Orange, Supersonic Silver, and Pearl White; while the Harley-Davidson X500 will be available with an Australian Ride Away Price of $11,495 AUD in Dramatic Black, Dynamic Orange, Supersonic Silver, and Pearl White.