THE New York-Rzeszów Motorcycle built by the Polish company Game Over Cycles took first place in the ‘Over 1000 cc Custom’ category in the recent Rat’s Hole Custom Bike Show. The competition was held in Florida as part of Daytona Bike Week 2020, one of the largest motorcycle events in the world, which annually gathers about 500,000 people. Rat’s Hole is a very prestigious and the longest organised custom bike show in the world (since 1952).
The New York–Rzeszów Motorcycle, as it is fully named, is an extraordinary custom Harley-Davidson Street Bob inspired by New York and Polish city of Rzeszów.
The bike was made for a Polish couple born in the Rzeszów region and currently living in New York. The machine is intended to express local patriotism of both homelands of the vehicle owners. This is manifested in the unique design of the motorcycle, which contains characteristics of the architecture of given city. These parts are not only elements of ornamentation, but also fully functional components of the motorcycle. The main elements of the construction containing the architecture of given city are:
1. Wheels with Manhattan buildings engraved in metal. The wheel contains such buildings as the Empire State Building, 1 World Trade Center, Flatiron, Chrysler Building, old WTC towers.
2. Exhaust pipe looking like the Chrysler Building (covered with 24-carat gold).
3. Ignition coil cover looking like The Oculus.
4. Front plow in the shape of old WTC ruins with the “9/11 Never Forget” inscription.
5. Timing cover with NY Yankees logo (covered with 24-carat gold).
6. Fuel tank cap made form brass and imitating a $1 coin with Rzeszów-New York inscription.
7. Tank painting containing the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan skyline.
1. Revolutionary Act Monument, the most famous monument of the city placed in the middle of wheel among Manhattan buildings (covered with 24-carat gold).
2. Seat in the form of the Tadeusz Mazowiecki bridge, the largest bridge in the city. The bridge is imitated together with brass ropes attached to the fender while motorcycle’s direction indicators look like the warning lights located on the bridge.
3. Air filter cover in the shape of city’s most known and characteristic footbridge with Rzeszów’s coat of arms in the centre (covered with 24-carat gold).
4. Rear brake light and position light in the shape of the Rzeszów coat of arms.
5. Tank painting containing Rzeszów skyline.
All construction elements are made of brass, steel and aluminium, while the wheels, exhaust pipe, clutch cover, timing cover, the front brake holder and wheels are additionally gold-plated.
The unveiling of the motorcycle took place in New York, in the premises of Harley-Davidson of New York City.
GAME Over Cycles is a Polish custom motorcycles manufacturer formed in 2012. The company is known for its original creations, such as The Recidivst, the world’s first tattooed motorcycle. Machines created by Game Over Cycles have won awards at some of the world’s biggest custom bike competitions. The company has already won 22 awards, including 15 international ones, of which as many as eight trophies were received at the European Bike Week (EBW), the largest motorcycle festival in Europe. The company also won awards in the homeland of bike customisation, so the USA. In 2017 The Recidivist received first place trophy in the “Most Unusual” category at the Rat’s Hole Custom Bike Show, the most prestigious custom bike competition in the world organised every year at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the world’s largest motorcycle rally (490,000 participants in 2019). The company owns the Game Over Cycles Harley-Davidson Rzeszów, the largest Harley-Davidson dealership in Poland and Central and Eastern Europe as well as the Game Over Cycles showroom.